DuPage Human Services
Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
DuPage County provides eligible households the ability to save fuel and money by improving the energy conservation of the individual’s home or furnace. A whole house energy audit is conducted to determine which specific services are appropriate.
DuPage County residents must qualify for this program; there are income restrictions. Homeowners and renters are eligibility. Other requirements are listed on their website, see the link below.
Energy Savings Measures Provided
· Sealing cracks with weather-strip and caulk
· Insulating walls and attics
· Repairing or replacing windows and doors
· Furnace cleaning, safety checking, repair, or replacement.
· Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers are installed in homes without them.
For more information, please visit DuPage County’s Website, or call DuPage County Human Services at 630-407-6500.